1. How can I make money transfers to Turkey? What kind of documents/ information is required?
For transfers up to £500 we require:
For transfers over £500 up to £5,000 we require below documents:
For transfers over £5,000 we require below documents:
2. What are the required documents to open a personal account?
3. What is the process of applying for Personal Loan?
Following account opening, you are required to book an appointment from our relationship management department that will assist you with regards to the process.
4. Can I withdraw funds from my Ziraat account in Turkey through your branch in London?
You can withdraw funds when you visit our branch with a valid ID and your account details. Transaction cost is £25.
5. Can I open an account with Ziraat Bank in Turkey through London Branch?
We can assist you in opening an account in Turkey subject to satisfactory documentation/information.
For Turkish Citizens we require Turkish Identity Number and proof of documents for residency in the UK. For non-Turkish Citizens we require Turkish TAX ID number (which can only be obtained from a tax office in Turkey) and proof of overseas address.
6. Do you provide Turkish Lira, USD or EURO Banknotes?
We may provide with USD and EURO banknotes subject to availability. Please refer to our terms and conditions for details. Please note that we only accept GBP banknotes. We are unable to provide or accept Turkish Lira banknotes.
7. Are you open at the weekends?
Ziraat London Branch is open weekdays Monday to Friday and closed at weekends and on bank holidays.
8. Do you have ATM and Internet Banking Services?
There is no internet banking or ATM available.
9. Do I need to have an account in Turkey to make a money transfer?
Please note that the Beneficiary in Turkey does not have to have an account. The money transfers can be made and the beneficiary can collect the funds in person without having an account.
In addition to local branch details in Turkey, please provide us minimum three of the following information about the beneficiary: Father/mother name, DOB, Turkish Identity Number, address, telephone number etc.
10. How can I make a complaint?
For more details click here...